Year of the Resolution

I've been trying to resist the stereotypical New Year post.

I fear I'm about to fail...I'll keep it brief.

I've spent the evening with mascara smeared across my face, crying at the prospect of saying goodbye to my family. But, as my dad said in his usual blunt and not-particularly-helpful-but-well-meaning-manner, I 'just have to be more positive.' And that's my resolution. I'm fully capable of making this move a resounding success - of beating down the negativity and embracing my new life wholeheartedly. Granted, in doing so I'll probably use up my energy quota for the decade, but needs must. I'm also fully capable of bringing about doom to all mankind - this is primarily accomplished by donning warmest, comfortablest clothing and sitting in a morose stew while watching ANTM. But I think we can all agree that in doing so I probably wouldn't be doing myself the biggest of favours.

So. Positivity. 2010. Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment