One of those catchy-uppy posts

1. I loved the Olympics - I've never really bothered about it before but being here and seeing London looking all smart and English was pretty amazing.And of course Team GB went and outdid themselves given our teensy weensy island size, which made it cooler (although somehow between NBC coverage and my sporadic watching, I don't think I saw us win a single gold). I could write a long moany post about NBC's coverage but a) I can't be bothered and b) it's already been done. Suffice to say the swimming was still on AFTER the closing ceremony.


2. Summer is amazing. If America wants to keep me, it should just be warm and sunny all year long. Here's my stein of iced tea on a particularly warm day:




3. Our nameless cat continues to be awesome. 


4. I'm still working on the new book. It's not as quick now I'm also working on an actual job, but I'm 33,000 words in so it's coming along. Hopefully.

5. This article  was written and made my friday (which wasn't hard - friday wasn't going so well)

6. We're planning a trip to China to visit our buddy who's moved to Shanghai. Problem is I keep thinking, well, since we're out there, maybe we should go here... and here... and here. Well, no, problem is my vacation allowance.


No comments:

Post a Comment