They haven't all said no yet.

They haven't all said no yet.

But they almost have.

Four scary publishers (who do not heed deadlines) sat upon a wall.

The Nos I've had, as Nos go, have been very friendly Nos. Most have said that I can write, that they love the voice, the concept... not enough of course, but one year ago having publishers tell me I could write would have seemed monumental. So I'm clinging to that.

Today is Columbus Day, which I assume means we're celebrating the discovery of America. I'm celebrating the fact of a day off and am going to spend at least a portion of it writing. Because if / when they all say No, I need to have already reminded myself that I love writing, so that I keep on doing it in the face of the collective No I am anticipating (but still hoping against of course).

In other news, I still love my house, the new job is pretty cool and my parents are visiting at the end of the month. Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Did they give you any reasons for the Nos? It's still an immense achievement to have them say they loved your writing. Keep ploughing on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have given reasons but my agent has just para-phrased them for now. I imagine if they're all No she'll collate all the feedback and give it to me in more detail. One of them said if it doesn't sell they'd be interested in talking with me and maybe seeing another edit, so of course that's really positive as Nos go!

    Hope your new job is going well - today is the first day I've done any writing at all since I started working again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hans,

    Would it be possible to get an email for youl? I have some interesting news from notonthehighstreet.com for expats this Christmas and would love to talk in more detail :)

    Thanks,
    Cam x

    ReplyDelete