I accept

Here are a few things that I, on the verge of turning 30 (I'm 28, but 30 is only a year and 4 months away and I figure I may as well come to terms with it now), am accepting about myself:
  1. I will never be instinctively neat. Nor will I ever have matching underwear. I will likely always hate putting clothes away and delay emptying the dishwasher for as long as possible 
  2. It is highly improbable that I will ever be a runner. Or enjoy exercising. I live in hope that some day I will exercise. 
  3. I will always act as if I were starved as a child when faced with free food. Always. 
  4. Similarly, I will never be able to refuse ice cream.  
  5. My hair will never be sleek. I will always look ever so slightly disheveled, if not out and out disheveled 
  6. Talking loudly/audibly will probably always require effort. Often more than I can be bothered to muster.
  7. Put me in front of a crowd of people and my body will likely always decide to visibly shake with nerves, even if my head says I'm not nervous. 
  8. Mornings will never be bearable before coffee. 
  9. Following recipes is most probably not something I'll ever do adeptly (meaning reading the whole thing first, making sure I have all the ingredients and then following the steps without making up steps unintentionally)
  10. I will never have long polished nails. Clean and only slightly nibbled, maybe. 
I'm not yet ready to accept I'll never be great at parking. Or that I'll never have the body of Gisele Bundchen. Although, points 1, 2,3,4, 5 and 10 certainly point in that direction. I'm also still holding out hope that regular exercise might be in my future - even if I never enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment